Saturday, November 10, 2012

The time I was told that I have no soul

This story is about the Leeds Lights - the city's Christmas decorations that spring up almost immediately after the August bank holiday.
I am a firm believer in tradition, and one of my traditions is to complain about how early decorations are put up.
One year, as I walked through Leeds indulging in this fine tradition with a friend, I was stopped by an old lady who had been following us and listening to our conversation.
"I was on a bus the other day," she said "and two Asian gentlemen were sat in front of me talking about what you can see from space."
"'There are two man made structures that you can see from space' one of the men had said," the serial eavesdropper explained "'and one of them is the Leeds Lights!'"
She then turned directly to me, pointed her wizened, bony index finger right at my heart and said, triumphantly "and you, sir, have no soul!"
Then, her piece said, she turned around and walked off.

2 comments:

  1. She is correct. You have no soul. I doff my cap at you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I don't have a visual imagination either

    ReplyDelete